Legacy Day at The Master Series
One of the live discussions I am very excited about is being held on 31st August at The Master Series. Bessel van der Kolk, Peter Levine and Stephen Porges are three thought-leaders of 21st-century trauma treatment. It will be the first time they publicly discuss the intersections of their impressive bodies of work, together.
Clinical and Historical Discussion
This analysis of Van der Kolk’s trauma research, Levine’s Somatic Experiencing and Porges’ Polyvagal Theory will provide insight to:
- The roots of their practices and approaches
- The separate development of each of their bodies of work
- The surprising synchronicity of their methodologies and modalities
Trauma & Safety in the Context of Current Day Issues
Moderator, Deb Dana will guide the group in an unrehearsed discussion of finding safety in a world riddled by crisis. Van der Kolk, Levine and Porges will engage in robust conversation and foster lively debate on:
- The war in Ukraine
- Racial and social equity in a world torn by increasing inequalities
- The rise of fascism worldwide
- Psychedelics as treatment
- Trauma vs trauma
You can attend either online or in-person. A talk not to be missed.
To learn more about The Master Series, Oxford please click here.